Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thursday, 5/5/11

I will be getting my 7th round of chemo today.  It’s hard to believe I’ve been in NC for 9 weeks now.  As usual my energy level has climbed to about 85%.  It is hard to describe but yesterday afternoon I could feel it just lift.  One minute I’m walking through the house wearing my “chemo suit” and then “poof” its’ gone!  I’m often asked what it feels like and the best I can say is that it is like having a really bad hangover (headache, queasiness, lack of appetite, no energy etc…) and takes between 5 to 7 days to get over. Also just as you start feeling like yourself again, you go out and induce the hangover all over again. Depending on the drug or combination of drugs,  also makes a difference to the severity of the hangover.

Received my taxol infusion this morning.  Feeling pretty tired tonight – could be due to lack of sleep and/or chemo or both.  Numbness in feet and fingertips is getting worse.  So its possible that I may be looking an infusion adjustment.  I’ll know more when I see Dr. Graham next Thursday.

No comments: