Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday 1/29/11

Its been an interesting week health wise.  I felt so energetic last weekend that the lack of energy this week is very noticeable.  I haven’t regressed back to when I was receiving treatment but I do feel tired and draggy. I haven’t been sleeping all that well, so that could certainly be a factor.  My other thought is that since finishing the prednisone on Sunday, my body may be working overtime to get the adrenal glands back up and working efficiently.  I’m also experiencing slight pain around the bra line similar to the feeling I had when the lung inflammation was kicking in and the shingles were also present.  I’m able to take deep breaths and there is nothing showing on my skin so maybe it’s the ghost of treatments past J and really nothing to be concerned about.

Ron and I signed up at the nearby recreation center yesterday and will begin working with a personal trainer on Monday and Thursday for the next 5 weeks.  I figure this is a good way to begin getting my strength back and I’m anxious to see what I can and can’t do.  The center also has a pool and Ron is excited about that.  I realize I’m not. 
I’ve gotten very good at going out in public wearing a bandana to cover my head, but it is obvious that I have little to no hair and have been going through some kind of treatment – plus I’m still missing my eyelashes and eyebrows. I’ve gotten used to leaving my head uncovered at home and even letting friends and family see me that way, but doing it in a public place such as a pool is a major step for me and one I’m not totally ready to take.  
Boy vanity is a real kicker isn’t it.  
Ron suggested wearing a swim cap in the pool and that sounds oddly comforting.  Dang, I wish I could stand tall and embrace my odd look but I guess I’m not quite ready to do that yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Honey: I vote swim cap - if you like to swim you'll be amazed how a leisurely breast or side stroke can tone your muscles - I swim like an old woman but feel much better afterwards. Kisses on your pate...looking for Mexian Train set. Barbara XOXO

Anonymous said...

You and your husband are really quite an example. I love to read your blog and to hear what your heart says. You do what ever makes you feel comfortable. If someone looks at you just smile and say I'm surviving cancer. It may be just what someone else might need to hear especially if there is someone in their life going through the same thing. God bless you and keep up the good work!

Lori said...

My dear friend - you are a beautiful person with or without hair - do what you need to do to be strong and don't worry about what you look like - besides how many people look marvy even with hair in water?

Be well, be strong and know you are loved!